Jersey City Youth Works is a series of multiple youth development programs held throughout the year. Jersey City, along with partners in the private sector are investing in new opportunities for youth which focus on:
Since 2014, Jersey City Youth Works has provided supportive & innovative programs that help maximize the potential of student success:
- Youth Empowerment
- Positive Youth Development
- Engaging Opportunities for High School & College-Level Students residing in Jersey City
- Saturday Jump Start provides free professional development, enrichment, certification, and college preparation workshops for Jersey City youth ages 15 - 21.The workshops take place every Saturday for five - seven weeks during the summer and include the following courses:
- NPower Coding Workshops
- College & Museum Tours
- The Arts
- First Aid & CPR Certifications
- Our Youth Public Arts Program offers students an outlet to express their artistic creativity through various educational and enrichment opportunities. As part of the program, students spend six weeks in apprenticeships to local artists, who help them to create public mural art throughout the City.
- City Youth Jobs provides Jersey City youth between the ages of 16 through 24 with the opportunity to see how city government works, while earning money through a meaningful work experience.
- The Jersey City Department of Recreation strives to meet the needs of the athletic and active, all the while encouraging each and every resident to stay fit, relieve stress and become further acclimated with their surrounding community by way of recreational activities and job opportunities.